We are pleased to announce the continuation of our modular weekend STEM training program. The program is made up of a number of sequential modules so that each child can enter at the level best suited for them and then progress as far as they want to go into subsequent modules. We have different classes for the different levels and/or ages.
Training starts on Saturday 20th January and runs every Saturday, 0900h to 1300h, till Saturday 24th March 2018. Our training covers:
- Coding – kids learn how to develop simple programs, apps & games using visual and/or text-based programming languages
- Electronics and Robotics – from first principles to advanced robot programming
- Computer Science Concepts – logical and computational thinking
- Child Online Protection – kids learn how to interact with the internet safely and securely
Register online: http://bit.ly/DigikidsJan2018
- Dates: 20th January to 24th March 2018 (Saturdays only)
- Venue: @iLabAfrica Safaricom Academy, Student Centre Building 4th floor, Strathmore University, Madaraka Estate, Nairobi
- Time: 9am to 1pm
- Charges: KShs. 13,000 per child for the entire period days (covers training, electronic training manuals, training materials, handouts, meals and certificates)
- Age groups: 6 years to 17 years
- Students should have the ability to use a computer keyboard and mouse
- Every student should own a personal email address. This is where all training manuals, notes and assignments are shared/sent. We recommend Gmail.
- Students should have a curious mind, ready to explore and learn!!