During this bootcamp, the following topics will be covered:
- Coding – kids learn how to develop simple programs, apps & games using visual and/or text-based programming languages
- Electronics and Robotics – from first principles to advanced robot programming
- Computer Science Concepts – logical and computational thinking
- Child Online Protection – kids learn how to interact with the internet safely and securely
Other details are as below:
- Dates: 13th to 17th August 2018 (Weekdays only)
- Venue: @iLabAfrica Safaricom Academy, Student Centre Building 4th floor, Strathmore University, Madaraka Estate, Nairobi
- Time: 9am to 4pm
- Charges: KShs. 10,000 per child (covers training, electronic training manuals, training materials, handouts, meals and certificates)
- Age groups: 6 years to 17 years
Prerequisites for new students:
- Students should have the ability to use a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Every student should own a personal email address. This is where all training manuals, notes and assignments are shared/sent. We recommend Gmail.
- Students should have a curious mind, ready to explore and learn!!